>

Monday, August 26, 2013

Music Mondays! :: Lord, I need You!

Can we talk about the VMA's a second?

I didn't watch, we don't have cable. But I heard plenty about them, and saw more than I wanted to through GIF's on Buzzfeed.

Do I even dare go here? Really Miley, you felt the need to dance like that? I won't go into detail, because if you didn't see it you really should consider yourself lucky! There are NO WORDS to describe that performance.

I was however excited to see *NSYNC back together...although it was only 110 seconds. Again, something I watched on the internet this morning due to not having cable.

That was all anyone was really talking about. I'm glad I don't have cable and was forced to not watch it.

--------------------------------------------

Onto a song: {PLEASE}!

"Lord I need You" is a favorite of mine right now. My favorite version is sung by Chris Tomlin and you can view the Video with Lyrics on You Tube!

Verse 1:
Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart

Chorus:
Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Verse 2:
Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Yes where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Bridge:
So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay


Why I love it?: It's calm and easy to lift your hands in praise to God. It's a humbling prayer...one we all need to sing and lift up to God.

When I Sing it?: This past weekend was every day! I have had a really bad cold and sometimes it just felt like I couldn't care less about what the kids were doing, getting into, destroying! So I sang this song and made it my prayer to find the strength to get out of bed and take care of whatever. I also sing it when I have horrible anxiety and need a reminder that I am not in control

Make it your prayer today! Make it your own! Enjoy the week with God guiding you!


2 comments:

  1. While I see the truth in what you're saying, I read something about this this morning that resonated with me. Maybe instead of condemning her, we should pray for her, and pray for whatever is broken in her heart is healed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, we need to be praying for her {and anyone who is far away from God}! Thank you, Melisa for bringing that to point!!

    ReplyDelete